Interviews can be stressful but they do not have to be
It is important to keep in mind that you have already impressed the company with your resume, cover letter and the information they have heard about you. The interview is your chance to show your interpersonal skills and your enthusiasm for the opportunity. You should only interview for positions that you feel would be a great fit for you and the company.
How to prepare:
- Research the company. Look at their website and look in the news.
Here are some key facts that you should know about them:
• Key people
• Products and services
• Size (number of employees and sales)
• Organizational structure
• Major competitors
• Outside perspective of company
• Latest news reports
- Research the interviewer(s). Make sure you know the correct pronunciation of their names.
- Know why you want the job.
- Identify your monetary and personal needs.
- Express the marketable skills you have to offer the company.
- Be prepared for standard interview questions. Prepare your responses.