Your resume is the key to selling yourself to a potential employer
You should take the time to prepare a resume that will be a professional presentation of your qualifications. Competition for the best jobs, particularly in a slowing economy, is intense. Hiring managers will often receive hundreds of resumes for a single open position. A superior resume is the key that unlocks the door to your next opportunity.
Elite Search Group has over 50,000 plus resumes on file and will review your resume before ever sending it out to a potential employer. We have worked with hundreds hiring managers and have a good grasp on what works on a resume and what does not. Below are some hints and tips on putting your resume together.
What effective resumes contain:
- Write job descriptions as completely as space allows.
- Include the total number of years experience.
- Because position titles do not always reflect job duties, describe your responsibilities and achievements.
- Include only necessary personal information.
- Make sure dates are correct and account for any gaps in time.
- If you have been employed in a contract setting, state "under contract to" in your resume.
- Include your name and page number on each page of a multiple page resume.